Tracfone APN Settings Straight Talk Verizon. Tracfone is a popular prepaid mobile phone service provider in the United States that offers affordable plans and phones with no contract. Tracfone also offers Straight Talk Verizon plans that use Verizon’s network for coverage. If you are a Tracfone user on the Straight Talk Verizon network, you may need to configure your APN settings to access the internet and use mobile data.
What is an APN?
An Access Point Name (APN) is a gateway between your mobile device and the internet. APN settings contain information such as your device’s unique identifier, network operator, and type of connection that your device will use to access the internet. Configuring the correct APN settings is essential to use mobile data on your device.
Tracfone APN Settings for Straight Talk Verizon
To configure the correct APN settings on your Tracfone device, follow these steps:
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Tap on Connections.
- Tap on Mobile networks.
- Tap on Access Point Names.
- Tap on the plus sign (+) to add a new APN.
- Enter the following information for the new APN:
- Name: Tracfone
- APN: wap.tracfone
- Proxy: leave blank
- Port: leave blank
- Username: leave blank
- Password: leave blank
- Server: leave blank
- MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
- MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
- MMS Port: 80
- MCC: 311
- MNC: 480
- Authentication type: leave blank
- APN type: default,mms,supl
- Save the APN settings and restart your device.
If you are having trouble accessing the internet or using mobile data on your Tracfone device with Straight Talk Verizon, try the following troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure that the APN settings are correct and saved.
- Check if your device is in an area with a strong signal.
- Try restarting your device or turning airplane mode on and off.
- Contact Tracfone customer service for assistance.
Configuring the correct APN settings is crucial to access the internet and use mobile data on your Tracfone device with Straight Talk Verizon. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can easily configure the correct APN settings and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.